Experience That Counts:
I hold a B.A. (’89) and LL.B.(’93), and possess 15+ years of professional writing experience. More importantly, I am a former legal executive recruiter (at the largest global legal search firm, Major, Lindsey & Africa). I have screened and reviewed countless resumes; as a professional resume writer, I am a leading expert at helping candidates draft stronger resumes, and coaching applicants on how to excel at job interviews.
My qualifications are as follows:
- Extensive track record in the employment field. Reviewed hundreds of job resumes, and conducted interviews with countless job applicants, as an executive recruiter.
- Member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches.
- Member of The National Resume Writers’ Association.
- Former member of the Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC). Previously served as Treasurer for the Vancouver Chapter of PWAC.
- Studied career counselling at George Brown College in Toronto, one of two Canadian colleges that offers a career counselling diploma program.
- Written career-related articles for a national education services firm.
- Worked at a U.S. Fortune 500 technology company (Intel Corp.), and at one of Asia’s largest listed companies (Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.).
- Received training as a lawyer.
Professional Writing Experience:
As a professional writer, I have written for national and local publications including:
- The Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Vancouver Sun Newspaper
- Vancouver Courier Newspaper
- The Lawyers Weekly
- The Georgia Straight
Unlike other resume services agencies where the actual writing is outsourced to others, I do all the writing myself. I hold a long track record in private industry, and possess professional writing skills and executive recruitment knowledge.
Call me at 604-838-1222 for a free consultation.